If you are like me, then you occasionally need help with grammar, spelling, punctuation etc. As someone who is bootstrapping their first business specializing in social media marketing and advertising, there is no additional budget for a copy-editor. Now, don’t get me wrong, I consider myself a pretty good writer, but there have been “incidents” in my career where I’ve made the fatal error of using the wrong form of affect or effect.
Good News! Grammarly, launched in 2009 takes the guesswork out of grammar and spelling so you may feel confident posting to your favorite social network. The free Spell Checker & Grammar Checker by Grammarly helps you write clearly and confidently on Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Tumblr, and nearly anywhere else on the Web. With Grammarly, you can always be sure that your words are mistake-free and say what you mean.
Here are a few snippets from its review on Google Apps (also available on OSX).
- Contextual spell checker. Correctly spelled words used in the wrong context mean embarrassing mistakes for you. Grammarly sports erroneous use of lose/loose, affect/effect, lie/lay, there/their/they’re, and many more commonly confused words.
- Grammar checker Grammarly scans your text for proper use of more than 250 advanced grammar rules, spanning everything from subject-verb agreement to article use to modifier placement.
- Vocabulary enhancement Words can make an impact, or they can fall flat. Enhance your sentences with Grammarly’s word choice suggestions that optimize for the context of your document.
You get the idea. I cannot stress how important it is to write error-free. If you make simple mistakes, it reflects poorly on everything else you do and ultimately it may cost you clients or a promotion. Don’t be that guy! Install Grammarly today. No, I am not a flacking for Grammarly, I just love the product. The basic program is free and so far that has covered my needs, but there is a premium version that will go deep if you really struggle with the English language that runs $29.95 a month / $19.98 a quarter / $11.66 per month (best value…not sure where they came up with the .66 cents).
Additional Services: (Pricing determined on a project basis)
- Media training
- Public relations consulting and campaign activation
- Speech and video script development
- Spanish-language marketing services
- Social media marketing and advertising
- Video production
- Website development
IMG Digital Group is a digital marketing consultancy specializing in social media marketing and advertising, branding, public relations, with global headquarters based in Pittsburgh.
Related articles across the web